This last week I was talking to Mom and I mentioned that I had wanted to go fishing all summer, but I never had the time. On Friday night Dad asked who wanted to go 4-wheeling, when he asked Mom told him that I wanted to go fishing.
Saturday morning at 6 a.m. Dad came downstairs and woke me up to go fishing. We got ready and off we went. We got to Pine Valley at about 7 a.m., as we were pulling into the parking lot Dad kept looking and scoping out HIS spot. Well, we got to our spot and cast out. Of course as luck would have it within a couple of minutes Dad had a fish playing with his line, and of cousre I had nothing. As I looked out over the lake I could see the fish jumping. There must have been hundreds of fish, but not one was bitting my bait. Dad cast back out and soon he had another fish. After a few minutes I finally had a bit, and it was big. It was the biggest fish of all the fish we caught.
To add insult to injury Dad caught a few more fish and as I was going to wash my hands, after playing with the fish, I heard a tearing sound. It was the sound of my favorite shorts that I have only had for a month ripping down the backside. Yes, my behind was exposed to the many fishermen in Pine Valley.
Well, the rest of the morning was the same. Dad would cast out and catch a fish and I waited and waited. I did catch a grand total of 3 fish while Dad caught 6. If you are doing the math in your head that is 9 fish. One more than our limit. don't worry we hid them and left very fast. We were in Pine Valley for a total of an hour and a half. It was great fun, and of course we had fish for dinner. 
1 comment:
I want some fish. Thanks for sharing that rip in your pants with the entire world. :) So what are you going to do with the blog now that you have moved out.
Post a Comment